Friday, August 1, 2014

She's Crafty - Mjolnir Edition

So I hear there's a new Thor. Cool!



Some folks seem a little confused about Thor being female. Clearly they've never met these little girls!




In honor of the newest person to be blessed with the power of Mjolnir, here's a collection of items celebrating its beauty and strength.



I just love the simplicity of this sterling necklace, made by wife and husband duo Liv and Andross of Odyssey Craftworks in Kansas City, Missouri. Everything they offer at their shop is simply beautiful (and beautifully simple), and I especially like how they share the story of their creation process with their customers.



This Mjolnir choker is just too beautiful. I'm amazed by the level of detail that leather artist Alicja Maria Jaczewska puts into each and every piece.



This gorgeous sterling and argentium silver Mjolnir with amber necklace by Alanya Divine at Belethil is just one of a variety of Moljnir necklaces she has for offer.



Looking for something a little more useful? This exquisite leather Mjolnir handbag by Nordic Ravens is both beautiful and functional.



I have a special level of love for this chainmaille Mjolnir pendant from SLS Creations over on ArtFire. I don't know what I love more, that it's so shiny, or that it's made out of freakin' chainmaille.



Speaking of chainmaille... how about this knitted chainmaille coif and Mjolnir set? It says it's a "toy" but we all know the truth.



What could be better than a Mjolnir cat? I mean, for maximum effectiveness, and all that, it'll add more Mew Mew to your Pew Pew. (I know, hammers really go bam bam, but I liked the rhyming.)



You know, Thor uses Mjolnir to really clean up... and now you can too! Ha ha... get it? Clean up? Because it's soap.



OK, back to being serious, how about this beautiful handmade leather journal with Mjolnir burned into the cover? Jillian of The Lady of Letters has some really nice looking pieces.



And finally, I'm including this beautiful silver and amber Mjolnir pendant because... well, because I can. I mean, just look at it. It's gorgeous. It's also by Alanya Divine at Belethil. I usually only share one item per person, but this is just too good to pass up.

0 comments :

Post a Comment