Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Gamer Girl



I've played a lot of games over the years, but this will be my first foray into the pen and paper RPG realm. I have to admit I'm a little nervous. And a lot excited.

A very dear friend of mine will be running her first ever campaign as a GM, and has invited me to participate. I'm so very excited because I know she likes to tell great stories, and that's exactly the kind of RPG experience I have been looking for!

Last night, for the first time in life, I sat down with some books and a character sheet, and made some tough decisions. It's not too dissimilar to creating a character in an MMO, except that there are a whole lot more choices.

Meet Agatha the Dwarf Cleric!

I still have to come up with a family name, and settle on some of the finer points of her personal backstory. I have two weeks to hash that all out, though. Then it's time to meet the party and learn our fates!

1 comment :

  1. Oh man, congrats!

    As a life-long lover of fantasy and gaming, I joined my first Pathfinder campaign earlier this year (as a 34/35 year old; my parents fell prey to the "DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS IS SATANIC!!!!" moral panic of the '80s) and it was SO much fun. It helped that our great GM is an anthropologist professor, so he couldn't have been more suited for the task. Game night is the best night!

    I hope you have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete