Sunday, January 29, 2012

Self-Rescuing Princess Shout-Out: Happy Birthday Oprah!


If you know me, you know I'm a big Oprah fan. Heck, she was one of the first Self-Rescuing Princesses of the Week, last year when she ended her 25th season of the Oprah Winfrey Show, and launched her OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network).

Today is her 58th birthday, and I have to say that she continues to be a grand inspiration for me in all aspects of my life.

Sure, I'm never going to be anywhere near the fashion-forward woman she is. Heck, I only own a couple of dressy clothes and high heel shoes, which only get worn on very special occasions. But in terms of goal-setting and motivation, she's my go-to gal. I hear her voice telling me, "Live your best life" more often than I'd care to admit.

And watching a woman age gracefully and with purpose is so important to me as I hit my own mid-40s. I know that no matter what life sends me, I can still tackle it with poise and confidence, because I have so many wonderful role models going ahead of me.


Thank you, Oprah!

0 comments :

Post a Comment