Monday, February 6, 2012

SRPS Shout-out: Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence


I had to go the pharmacy today (to pick up something* made by previous SRPS shout-out recipient Gertrude Elion), and this is the wondrous sight I found there! I can't even tell what their costumes are, other than AWESOME!

Of course, I had to check it out, right? Wouldn't you? I should also add, there were baked goods, and I hadn't had breakfast yet.

Turns out, it was a couple of members of the Russian River Chapter of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence -- a group I had never heard of until today, and wish I had known about all these years!

Now I'm seriously angling to get out to their up-coming Mardi Gras fundraiser!

Looking at the flyer they handed me, they do a lot of good around the Russian River area of Sonoma County. Such a wide range of organizations. 

I need to learn more about them!


1 comment :

  1. The story of Durga, told by Sister Unity of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TGH_MGWLWw

    ReplyDelete