Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gamer Girl - Guild Wars 2 Final BWE

Today kicked off the Guild Wars 2 final beta weekend event. Like just about everyone else it seems, I created a Sylvari. The whole concept of a plant that has become sentient and free to move around in the world is intriguing to me, and the story is interesting to act out in the personal quests.


As I did in each of the other beta weekend events, I started a new class as well. For me the purpose of these  events is to check out thedifferent options open to me so I have a better idea of what I'd like to play in release. In the previous events, I'd played a human, Norn, and a Charr, and really enjoyed each of them. Today was Sylvari day, and sometime tomorrow, I'll probably create a Asura.


This character is a Mesmer, which I'm enjoying. She's like a casting tank. She's tough and can take down bigger foes. My other characters were an Engineer, an Elementalist, and a Guardian. I still don't know what I'll play in release. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the Guardian. But, luckily, I don't have to decide. It's likely I'll have a full set of alts, so I can play them all!


I'm not wild about her outfit, but it's better than a lot of the other outfits in this game. Plus, if I accept the premise that the Sylvari are purposely exaggerating their gender presentation, I can let it go a bit more easily.


They've also added a new set of Vista points, where you can get a soaring view of the immediate area. What a great way to show off the beautiful artwork in the game. Frankly, that is one of my most favorite aspects, aside from the actual gameplay. The world is amazing. As you run along, the landscape emerges so that it almost feels like the flowers are bursting out of the ground around you.


And I just couldn't resist including this shot of my character with a shovel. When I picked it up, my first thought was, My spoon is too big!

I had a blast just running around in the new areas, looking at everything, exploring all the nooks and crannies. But it's late now, and I need to sleep. I'll post more shots and thoughts tomorrow, I promise!

0 comments :

Post a Comment