Monday, November 18, 2013

Quote of the Day



This is something I struggled with for years. In my 20s, I felt like a scared kid who'd been dropped into an adult world, full of expectations and all the assumptions that I'd grown up with. I spent a lot of time looking for people and things that would make me feel "complete," as though that was something I would know how to recognize when it showed up.

In my 30s, I felt like I was getting the hang of things, but was still mostly faking my way through being a grown up, trying to figure out who I was and what I wanted in my life. I started to learn how to weed out the things and people that weren't bringing me joy or somehow helping me enjoy life.

Now, in my 40s, I've come to realize that I am the me I want to be. And that I always was. Just like Dorothy, I finally realized that I'd had the power all along. For a while, I actually felt bad that I'd let so many years go by worrying about finding my power instead of using it. But I know now that I couldn't access it until I actually believed I could wield it.

My hope for you is that you come to understand your power sooner. That you are the perfect you already.

0 comments :

Post a Comment