Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kickstart This! The Hues V2

OK, seriously y'all... you need to check out The Hues. Alex Heberling's comic is chockablock full of amazing characters and excitement. When she describes it as "a little bit Sailor Moon, and a little bit Independence Day" she isn't exaggerating in the least. It really is.


I backed her first Kickstarter even though I barely had $15 to my name, simply because it was too awesome to pass up. When I got the book I read it cover to cover the first evening, and then read it again. I even read it again this afternoon before posting this. I mean, magical girls fighting aliens! It doesn't get better than that.
The Hues is about a group of teenage girls who discover their powers just a little too late-- the Big Bad is already here and they have only a rudimentary grasp of their abilities and what they're supposed to be doing. It all hinges on hints and clues regarding a mysterious person named Jouchi, who may have the answers they seek about how to reclaim their home from the aliens.
I've been following Alex on social media for a while and, let me tell you, she is flippin' amazing. So smart. So kind. So funny. And so so busy -- working on her own great stuff as well as other people's comics. It's no surprise to me why. Her work is brilliant!

I've also been reading through her other comics, and while I'm not as far along as I would like to be, I can happily recommend the two I've read. Garanos is the story of a moody princess who gets possessed by a demon, and The Shepherd is a beautifully touching story about love and loss.

But honestly, while both are great stories, they don't hold a candle to what she's doing with The Hues. I love the cast of characters. And the action keeps you turning pages, eager to see what happens next and how the girls manage to kick ass. If you missed out on Volume 1, don't worry. You can pick it up through the Kickstarter.



It really is true what she says. Girls will save the world.

If you like the work I do here on SRPS, please support me!

0 comments :

Post a Comment