Thursday, September 1, 2016

Music Break: ELLA

Ella is a brilliant young musician from Manhattan, NY, who has been playing music pretty much her entire life. In between classes, she's been busy recording her own creations. "Drive Me Down" is the first release from her this year. If this song feels like the soundtrack to a daydream it's because it was inspired by one. As Ella explains in this TomTom interview:
I was imagining this visual of me in the driver seat of a car, with my foot up on the wheel like a sneaker or high heel up on the wheel, and I was talking through the window. The camera was facing the window and I’m singing the song because the melody was in my head. As I’m singing the song, the car is moving but I’m not driving the car. I should mention I do not have a driver’s license yet. I’m a New Yorker. It was also at night so it was super-sleek. Kind of like it has just rained so the streets are super-slick, and that’s the kind of energy I was imagining.
After listening to "Drive Me Down" on repeat for the last couple of days, as well as the others singles she has up on SoundCloud, I'm looking forward to hearing more from Ella! She's currently working an EP, collaborating with other amazing young women. She's hoping to release it later this year, and I can't wait.



If you appreciate the work I do here on SRPS, please support me!

0 comments :

Post a Comment