Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shout Out - Superheroes are for girls, too

Who was your favorite super hero when you were a kid? I remember being fascinated with Popeye. I even went so far as to dress up as Popeye for Halloween when I was 7. It was a big deal for me. I remember people trying to talk me into getting something more "girly." But I'm stubborn, and my parents supported me in my decision, and I got the Popeye costume at Kmart. I don't know if there are any pictures of me in that costume, sadly.

I also remember liking Wonder Woman. I enjoyed the show on TV at the time. But I can't recall if I ever  dressed up in any kind of Wonder Woman costume.

Actually, I don't have a lot of memories about dressing up in costumes. I something wonder if that was my practical nature coming through at an early age. I had favorite clothes, but they were everyday clothes. I particularly loved my HeeHaw overalls, probably much to the dismay of my mother.

Were you a costume-wearing super kid? If so, you could post your photo to this super cool tumbler page: Superheroes are for girls, too. I just love the photos of little ones in capes and masks. It warms my heart to see so many brave little girls out there saving the world!

0 comments :

Post a Comment