Friday, December 6, 2013

She's Crafty - Winter Is Coming!

I've heard a rumor that winter is just around the corner. I was beginning to think we weren't going to get any winter weather, but then this super cold front came in from Canada, and it's been brrrrrrrrr... cold! I'm not complaining, mind you! I love bundling up with a warm scarf, cute hat, and fuzzy mittens.

Most of the time, though, it's not nearly this cold. It's more often in the 40s and rainy. Which is OK in its own way. That means it's cold and snowy in the mountains. I love the snow. I almost miss living in an area that gets snow regularly. I love that crisp cold air on your face as you breathe through a warm scarf. I love the crunch underfoot and the way the sunlight sparkles off the snow crystals. It's been in the mid-20s here at night, and mid-30s during the day. Perfect weather for pulling out my fuzzy gloves and warm hat. And for some of these cute, geeky items!

So I admit that I'm probably remembering the snow much more fondly than I would if I still lived in Michigan. Which is why I started with this Winter is Coming scarf, as a reminder to myself that not everyone views the coming of winter as a good thing. For them, the next four months may feel like years since they've seen the sun and felt a warm breeze. But they're tough as Arya Stark, and I just know they'll survive!

I adore these Totoro mittens. It's like having your friend Totoro holding your hands even in the worst weather!

On the other end of the friend spectrum, we've got Lumpy Space Princess. But even in her own way, she's very cute. And I extra love how you can cross her arms on this awesome Lumpy Space Princess scarf.

For the scince-y geeks, there's this brilliant solar system hat. I love how colorful and creative it is. It runs rings around other geeky hats! Har har.

I've seen a couple of variations on Pacman fiber craft, but I think I like this knitted Pacman scarf is the best. The button eyes on the ghosts are too perfect. Of course, I'd rather have a Ms. Pacman scarf, but that easily fixed with a sewn on bow, right?


OK, so I know this lovely shawlette isn't actually geeky. But it's so pretty I just couldn't resist including it.

What crafty project are you working on?
Making anything geeky for Christmas?

0 comments :

Post a Comment