Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Music Break - P!nk

Everyone needs an anthem once in a while. And Pink seems to be very good at supplying them.

Alecia Beth Moore (aka Pink) was born on September 8, 1979. Her musical talent was evident in her youth. When she was a teenager, she used lyric-writing as an outlet for her feelings. According to her mother, "Her initial writings were always very introspective. Some of it was very black, and very deep, almost worrisome."

I think that's why her lyrics seem to resonate so strongly with me. Her emotions come through because she's not just writing something she hopes will sell, she's using her songs to tell her story. And her story is something I think many of us can relate to. Like "So What" which is probably one of my favorite post-break-up songs.



I mean... come on! How can you not sing along to lyrics like these? Even if you're not in the midst of a break-up, you surely understand the whole "F U I'm going to be fine without you" vibe, right?

So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you
And guess what
I'm having more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight
I'm alright, I'm just fine
And you're a tool
So, so what?
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight

Happy birthday Pink! I hope it's as rockin' as you are!

If you like the work I do here at Self-Rescuing Princess Society,
please check out my Patreon.



You may also be interested in:

Movie Night - Advantageous
The decision to live as a single mother in this world was a dangerous one, she knew, but she also hoped it would give her life meaning; make it worthwhile. And, in its own way, her ultimate decision simply confirms that. It is her undying love for her daughter that drives everything she does. She cannot change the very system they are both trapped in. So she works within her constraints to give her daughter the very best chance.

Happy Birthday - Emily Hahn
You know, as much as I'd like to think I know a lot about women in literature and history, I'm continually surprised by what I don't know. Especially when I learn about a woman in history who lived a truly amazing and adventurous life. For example, Emily "Mickey" Hahn.

Women's History Month - Harriet Quimby
In 1911 Harriet took flying lessons, and became the first woman to get a license in the United States. The excitement and challenge must have been exhilarating! And, true to her theatrical nature, she went on exhibition in the U.S. and Mexico wearing a purple satin flying suit she designed herself.

0 comments :

Post a Comment