Wednesday, August 14, 2013

She's Crafty!



Erin M. Riley's pop culture tapestries are intricate and moving. She deftly captures intimate snapshots of time in a woman's life. Many of them are NSFW, and some are quite disturbing, but they are all beautiful.



This gorgeous embroidery is just too amazing for words. Which is good, because my high school French is très rusty.



I'm spending far too much time thinking of awesome badges to make for all my friends. Because, seriously, this is cool!



I'm just amazed by this magnificent Mario Maps cross stitch piece. While I appreciate all forms of fiber arts, I have a special love for cross stitch. It appeals to my need for organization and precision. In my time, I've completed several large-format cross stitch projects. I know the amount of work that goes into them.



I mean, the details are just wonderful! I know pixel art lends itself quite easily to cross stitch, but this is so much better.



You know, perler beads kinda get a bad rap. I get the impression that some people think they're kitschy and mainly for little kids. But once in a while I see something that stops me in my tracks. And it's this ridiculously detailed Legend of Zelda Triforce Montage by NestalgicBits. In fact, his whole store is filled with amazing game-related items that bring a whole new level of amazing to crafting with perler beads.

0 comments :

Post a Comment