Monday, January 11, 2016

She's Crafty - Rock and Roll edition

Yesterday was the 63rd birthday of Pat Benatar. She's one of my all-time faves, and certainly one of folks whose music would be included in the soundtrack of my life.



I was a full-fledged teenager during the 80s. Her songs are an enormous part of my rock and roll background. Whenever I hear one of her songs, I'm immediately transported back in time to my old room and singing into my hairbrush while dancing in front of my mirror.



So, in her honor, I've come up with some pretty kickass rock and roll themed stuff. Like this basic black t-shirt with a totally badass rock and roll embroidered pattern, by Katy Flynn.



If that's too understated for you, how about these skull guitar pick earrings by Meghan Nichols?



Wanna show your love of other female rockers? How about this awesome hand-painted t-shirt featuring a contemporary of Ms. Benatar, Debbie Harry of Blondie by Nicole Krecicki?



Are old school rockers more your style? Then there's this colorful hand-painted bag honoring Janis Joplin by Jamie Watkins.



Myself? I'm partial to the simplicity of this hand-stamped zippered Barracuda bag by Julie Burke.



And, finally, there's this fantastic necklace by Melissa Murray with the line from Ms. Benatar's most popular song, Love is a Battlefield.

How do you show your love of you favorite female rockers?

If you like the work I do here at Self-Rescuing Princess Society,
please check out the various ways to support me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment